Don’t fight it. Resistance is futile. You know you want to run cross country.
We’re an excellent team – our girls are defending league champs (two times) and the boys were CIF Finalists last year and State Finalists in 2011. We’re also one of the most inclusive teams on campus, there are no cuts and no bench in our sport – everyone races.
It takes quite a bit of training to get good at our sport, so we begin practice at the start of the summer. While you can join the team when school starts, you’ll be missing out on the best opportunity to improve (and a bunch of the fun) if you don’t start training in June. We train 5-6 days a week in the summer and in the school year, and most of our competitions are on Saturdays in September and October.
Summer Training Camp - Begins Monday June 24th for new athletes, June 21 for Varsity athletes. Cost is $80 which covers coaching and training expenses. Details…
- We train 5-6 days a week, and varsity athletes will have some double days. (For practice schedule through July 13, click HERE)
- Training locations are GHS, Bonelli Park, and Marshall Canyon. (For locations and contact info, click HERE)
- Athlete’s training will be gauged to their age, ability and fitness levels
- Download and complete this form; bring it with you on June 24: Summer Camp 2013
Mammoth High Altitude Training Camp - Wednesday July 31 – Wednesday August 7. Cost is $360 inclusive – transportation, lodging, food and a training shirt ($400 if full payment not received by July 3, 2013). This camp gives us a chance to focus on being athletes and to get in a block of hard training. Because our team is getting bigger, and there are a limited number of spots in the condos, and because the team is getting better, so the training is getting harder, there are some minimum requirements to attend…
- The camp is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged, especially for varsity athletes
- First year athletes are encouraged to take part, but they must meet basic fitness and training requirements.
- Returning athletes also need to meet the fitness and attendance requirements.
- All attendees MUST have the physical packet completed and turned in to Mrs Kirwin or Coach Kaitlyn (they will copy and deliver to Athletics Office)
- Downloads: GHS XC Mammoth Camp 2013 Info GHS Mammoth Medical Release 2013 2013 GHS Physical Packet
School Season and Mandatory Training Begins August 14th - The summer program is strongly encouraged but not required. However, returning athletes must begin training when school starts and newcomers will be welcome the first few weeks of school.
All athletes MUST have a completed physical packet to compete during the season.
ORDER FORM – Please let us know how you plan to participate and what gear you need by completing an order form and bringing it to summer practice.
- Please select summer camp and/or Mammoth camp
- In order to race, you need shorts, singlet and warmups
- Items that are useful but not necessary are training shirts, shoe bag, backpack
- It’s nice to show your loyalty on race day with a parent shirt (also known as sibling shirts, grandparent shirts, uncle shirts, sister-in-law shirts, etc)
- Even if you are not running in the summer or going to Mammoth, it is wise to order your uniform now – prices will go up for two items on July 1 and sometimes the supplier runs out of stock.
- Downloads: 2013 Camp and Gear Order Form
Season Schedule - Download this season’s PRELIMINARY schedule HERE