Want to run cross country? We’re an excellent team – our girls are defending league champs and the boys team were CIF and State Finalists in 2011 – but we’re also one of the most inclusive teams on campus, there are no cuts and no bench in our sport – everyone runs.
It takes quite a bit of training to get good at our sport, so we begin practice at the start of the summer. While you can join the team when school starts, you’ll be missing out if you do. We train 5-6 days a week in the summer and in the school year, and most of our competitions are on Saturdays in September and October.
Kick Off BBQ/Team Sign Ups – Saturday, June 9 11:00-2:00 Finkbiner Park (near the Band Shell) – enjoy a comp lunch for athletes and their families. Sign up for the team and the summer program, get your gear, and learn about our training, team expectations and season plans. To sign up, please download, fill out and bring these important docs…
Summer Training Camp - Begins Thursday June 28th. Cost is $80 which covers coaching and training expenses. Details…
- We train 5-6 days a week, and varsity athletes will have some double days.
- Training locations are GHS, Bonelli Park, and Marshall Canyon. (For locations click here)
- Athlete’s training will be gauged to their age, ability and fitness levels
- Download: Summer Camp 2012
Mammoth High Altitude Training Camp - Wednesday Aug 1 – Wednesday August 8. Cost is $360 inclusive – transportation, lodging, food and a training shirt. This camp gives us a chance to focus on being athletes and to get in a block of hard training. New for 2012: because our team is getting bigger, and there are a limited number of spots in the condos, and because the team is getting better, so the training is getting harder, there are some new requirements for this year…
- The camp is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged, especially for varsity athletes
- First year athletes are encouraged to take part, but they must meet basic fitness and training requirements.
- Returning athletes need to have participated in track or another Spring sport to be eligible to attend, and will also need to meet the fitness and attendance requirements.
- Downloads: GHS XC Mammoth Camp 2012 Info GHS Mammoth Medical Release 2012
School Season and Mandatory Training Begins August 15th – The summer program is strongly encouraged but not required. However, returning athletes must begin training when school starts and newcomers will be welcome the first few weeks of school.
Know What’s Up – follow our Twitter Account - new for this year, and mandatory for team members. We’ll use this feed for team news and notifying athletes. You can follow (subscribe) in two ways. 1) If you have a Twitter account, follow @GlendoraXC 2) If you don’t have an account, you can receive updates (Tweets) via text message. Send the text message follow GlendoraXC to 40404 and you’re set.
We’re looking forward to a season with more miles run and more trophies won!