Our 2010 team will race for the first time on Saturday, July 31 at Legg Lake/Whittier Narrows Park in South El Monte. We hope to be joined for by graduates of our program, along with the family and friends of our current team. The race is open to all ages and fitness levels. Here are the details…
- Race Time: 8:00 am (Alumni/ae and Friends/Family should be registered by 7:30)
- The Course: A flat 3389 meters over dirt/decomposed granite paths
- Format: We will divide into three teams – Returning Tartans, Alumni/ae, and Team Newcomers/Family/Friends – and score the race in typical XC format. We anticipate having a top-quality timing system that will provide quick results. We’re hand timing the meet, so results will take a few minutes.
- Registration: Current team members are already entered. All others: there is no cost, but please send an email to email@example.com with your name, sex, and age – or if you’re an alum – your graduation year. You may register on the day, but it will greatly help the timing and scoring process if you register in advance.
- Grub?: Yes! We will have a light breakfast following the race.
The men’s race should be a battle between our alumni, which will feature Div I athletes from Loyola Marymount, UCSB & Yale along with Div II XC power Adams State against our defending CIF champions boys team. The women’s race will have interesting matchup between our returning athletes and our strong group of newcomers.
This should be a great day – please make plans to take part.