You want to run cross country.
We’re an excellent team – our boys and girls (3 times) are defending league champs. Both teams were CIF Finalists last year (boys for the 4th consecutive season). We’re also one of the most inclusive teams on campus, there are no cuts and no bench in our sport – everyone races.
It takes quite a bit of training to get good at our sport, so we begin practice at the start of the summer. While you can join the team when school starts, you’ll be missing out on the best opportunity to improve (and a bunch of the fun) if you don’t start training in June. We train 5-6 days a week in the summer and in the school year, and most of our competitions are on Saturdays in September and October.
Summer Training Camp - Begins Monday June 30th for all athletes. Cost is $100 which covers coaching and training expenses. Details…
- We train 5-6 days a week, and varsity athletes will have some double days. (For practice schedule and locations, click HERE)
- Athlete’s training will be gauged to their age, ability and fitness levels
- Download and complete this form; bring it with you next training session: Summer Camp 2014
Mammoth High Altitude Training Camp - Sunday, July 27 – Sunday, August 3. Cost is $400 inclusive – transportation, lodging, food and a training shirt – if paid by 7/18. Late fees apply if payment is not received by the due date. This camp gives us a chance to focus on being athletes and to get in a block of hard training. Because our team is getting bigger, and there are a limited number of spots in the condos, and because the team is getting better, so the training is getting harder, there are some minimum requirements to attend…
- The camp is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged, especially for varsity athletes
- First year athletes are encouraged to take part, but they must meet basic fitness and training requirements.
- Returning athletes also need to meet the fitness and attendance requirements.
- All attendees MUST have the physical packet completed and turned in to Mrs Kirwin or Coach Kaitlyn (they will copy and deliver to Athletics Office) by July 21.
School Season and Mandatory Training Begins in August - The summer program is strongly encouraged but not required. However, returning athletes must begin training when school starts and newcomers will be welcome the first few weeks of school.
All athletes MUST have a completed physical packet to compete during the season.
ORDER FORM - Please let us know how you plan to participate and what gear you need by completing an order form and bringing it to summer practice.
- In order to race, you need shorts, singlet and warmups
- Items that are useful but not necessary are training shirts, shoe bag, backpack
- It’s nice to show your loyalty on race day with a parent shirt (also known as sibling shirts, grandparent shirts, uncle shirts, sister-in-law shirts, etc)
- All uniform and gear orders MUST BE PLACED BY AUGUST 22.
- Downloads: 2014 Uniform and Gear Order Form